Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A New Publication

My latest paper has just been published at BMC Research Notes, an open-access journal, which means anybody can click on it and read it. The best thing about this paper is that it has five student co-authors who helped me get it ready (nice work, colleagues!). I first submitted it in mid-March, then heard back from the referees, resubmitted it in mid-June, and now in mid-July it's published. I wanted to publish it open access, because I think it's most useful to biochemists working with undergraduates, and that often means no money for fancy equipment or fancy subscriptions. So now it's out there for the world to see, and who knows, maybe some undergrad lab out there will use it someday.

Here's the link to the abstract so you can see for yourself (and if lots of people click on it, maybe it will get the "highly accessed" heading above it??):
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/2/135/abstract

No comments: