Monday, July 27, 2009

The Monstah at the End of this Post

This is where I was tonight. The seats date back to 1912 and are much narrower than the seats I'm used to. A big iron post (seen on the left of the picture) blocked my view of third base. And the place was packed of course, so I got to hear about 35,000 people singing "Sweet Caroline" at the tops of their lungs. I abstained because I don't know the words and prefer to keep it that way. By the time time the first inning was over I already got to see the canonical sight: a small white ball going over that 4-story green wall for a home run.

Don't worry, I'm still a Seattle Mariners fan first and foremost. Red Sox Nation does have its annoying parts. But for the baseball historian in me, this was a unique and very much worth it experience.


No comments: