Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Home Experiment with Hot Chocolate

Do indeed try this at home: Make some hot chocolate, and put some in an orange cup and another in a white cup. The orange cup should taste better. Now, I've heard this in a recent report, but you should be skeptical. Don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself. And remember, repeated trials are the only way to be truly scientific about it. I think a few dozen should get your error bars down to a reasonable level.

If all science labs were like this we would have quite a few more students.

(I do wonder about the studies reported in which blue drinks quench thirst better than red ones ... are we talking a light blue or the Tid-y-Bowl blue of certain Gatorade flavors? Because I cannot abide the latter, even if it will quench thirst more efficiently. Just not natural.)

No comments: