Saturday, May 21, 2011

Book Review: After You Believe

I listen to so much N.T. Wright in the form of recorded lectures that I don't always read his books, especially his mid-level books. At first, After You Believe read very similarly to his recent talks on virtue. But the middle third was well worth it. In a sense, I "spoiled" part of this book for myself by listening to every available talk while driving around! But the good thing is it was still worth taking the time to read (especially because I could skim the paragraphs with the examples I already heard). The message is important and worth absorbing through the eyes as well as through the ears. The thread of the role of worship and the Eucharist is subtle but it's there, and that's what I'm paying most attention to these days.

No comments: