Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A 15-Inning All-Star Game

I don't know why, but I was laughing through the All-Star Game. Not that it was a horrible game or anything, it's just that several things struck me as funny. Since the All-Star Game still doesn't really count for much, it's easier to look at the bad/unlucky things that happen and just find them, well, funny:

-- Seeing so much of underrated ex-Mariner George Sherrill
-- Seeing Ichiro's awesome throw to get Albert Pujols at second
-- Poor Dan Uggla with 3 errors in one All-Star Game
-- Every inning from the 9th on ... surely this will be the last ... surely the bases loaded with 1 out will mean a run will score ... nope!

My only disappointment is that I was hoping to see a position player have to get up and pitch. The game definitely had the right entertainment value for me, just not in the way the organizers were hoping.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I missed a chunk of the game in the middle because I was at storytime at the library. Eric kept track for me, though. All I could think at the end (which was pushing 1:30 am on the East Coast), was "Someone just make a mistake so they can go home!"

Remind me again why Sherrill and Jones were such an awesome trade for Bedard??