Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What to Get For the Protein Chemist Who Has Everything

I am not putting this up just because my birthday is in a few months:
http://www.bioetch.com/index.php

That site is for a business that will take your protein structure coordinates and etch them into a small crystal block. It's awfully pricy at >$100 for a little crystal paperweight. I can't think of any way to justify a grant to get one of those either. But I could do it for my protein ... that's tempting. And the LED-lit rotating base is cool too.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "crystal structure."

1 comment:

Deanna said...

It sounds kind of like that crystal paperweight etching place in Disneyland - located right inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle, they will laser-etch your favorite Disney character (or you with said favorite character after they take a picture) into a crystal paperweight for you to keep for all time.

Yeah, we walked Sana past that place REAL quick. She never noticed it.

And I thought you wanted a Wii game for your birthday!