Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Color Lecture (2012)

One of my favorite lectures of the year is when I get to talk about ANYTHING that involves biology, chemistry and physics as an introduction to a natural sciences seminar class. What to pick, what to pick ... so I pick color and talk about lots of things in a slightly revolving order. This year, topics involve:

-- Rainbows
-- Moonbows
-- Fogbows
-- The "Spectre of the Brocken"
-- Why the early stained glass makers were nanotechnologists
-- Blue people
-- Blue lobsters
-- Blue roses
-- Yellow spiders that turn purple
-- Green aphids that turn red
-- Green single-cell lasers
-- ... and to bring it full circle, protein rainbows.

Maybe next year I can do it to the tune of "My Favorite Things"?

Here it is:
http://www.screencast.com/t/7K2Ecj7m

No comments: